What is User-Generated Content?

  Two days ago I saw my friend posted in her Instagram story, she was unboxing her ticket for an electronic music festival. My first thought was that she was trying to get everyone jealous for going to the festival (just one tip: I don't like electronic music but for sure I wanted to go with her to this festival). It is when something clicked in my mind... is not what advertising does to us? Makes us want something?

That was an example of User-Generated Content (UGC). UCG  is original, brand-specific content customers create and publish on social media or other channels. UGC comes in many forms, including images, videos, reviews, a testimonial, or even a podcast.

UCG content can come from customers like my friend did, but also from UGC creators, where people created sponsored content, an example is the Instagram @dave_and_sissy, where they tried Amazon items.


Comments

Popular Posts