SHEIN: The world’s biggest fashion retailer



In early 2019, I was planning to go to in a cruise to Mexico, and in my travel plan, go shopping was in my checklist. Trying to looking for clothes is not my hobby, so my friend showed me this app called SHEIN.

Scrolling through the app, all pictures look nice, the price was a lot of affordable (low-cost) but it didn't look cheap or no quality, however my friend warn me to look the reviews for accuracy before buying anything. It was easy, and I become a big fan of SHEIN. 

SHEIN today is one of the largest fashion online retailer in the world and it was the social medias the biggest reason of it. There are millions of "SHEIN Hauls" on Facebook and Instagram, where influencers unpack, try and share their deliveries, which has millions of views.  

With all their success, there are the challenges. One of the advantage to buy at SHEIN is the low prices, however the alternative to escape tax has been a challenge to keep their prices. Also, the slow deliveries could be a threat since next-day delivery is becoming a thing.

Comments

  1. Hi, great post and selection for this week!
    I have bought clothes from Shein before and it's true what you mentioned about quality vs price. Although its popularity, Shein is facing other issues like rumors about employee's conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bea, I loved your post this week! I shop at this company frequently and do agree with the fact that you MUST look at the reviews for specific products. There has many times that I love what the product looked like on the model but forgot to check out the reviews or product images and bought it and when it came in I was very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts