Tips of Pricing Used Itens

I have moved three times in the past 4 years. Every time I'm packing I start to notice how many items I have that sometimes I've never used it. That's when I try to resell it.




The writer, Matt Marandola, offers some tips on how to determine garage sale pricing that helped me to resell my items. Some of them are:

Follow the 10% rule - Do not charge more than 10% of the retail price, which means, if you brought a product for $50, you shouldn't resell it for more than $5. However, if it is a luxury brand, you can rise the price up to 20%

Check other sales - it is competitor research. It's good to keep the same pricing range. 

Price items in 5-cent increments - Since people often pay in cash, $0.05, $0.10 and $0.25 make a change easier

Pricing items higher if it has a tag on them - that's the only exception of the first tip. You can consider charging 30 to 40%.



Website Resource: https://www.angi.com/articles/ultimate-garage-sale-pricing-guide.htm

Comments

Popular Posts